1. Datuk Muhammad Ibrahim is our new Bank Negara Governor effective 1st May 2016. He will start his five-year term. Taking over Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz who retires on 30th April 2016.
2. He is the most senior deputy governor and the central bank’s second-in-command.
3. A career central banker like Zeti, Muhammad rose through the ranks, gathering experience and expertise in various facets of the administration and running of Bank Negara.
4.He joined the central bank in 1984 and has been deputy governor since June 2010.
5. Prior to the new appointment, he oversees international reserve management, and money market and foreign-exchange operations.
6. He has served in areas from banking supervision and regulation to insurance and offshore banking.
7.Muhammad was previously managing director at Danamodal Nasional Bhd, a bank recapitalisation agency created during the Asian financial crisis in the 1990s.
8. He holds a Masters Degree from Harvard University, an accounting degree from the University of Malaya and a Postgraduate Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance from the International Islamic University Malaysia.
9.Dato’ Muhammad is currently a trustee of Tun Ismail Ali Chair Council, a board member of Kumpulan Wang Persaraan (Government Pension Agency – Incorporated), a council member of the Malaysian Bankers Institute, an Associate Fellow of the Institute of Bankers Malaysia and a member of Bank Negara Malaysia’s Monetary Policy Committee. He is also an independent director on the board of PETRONAS.
For more Home Loan information and enquiry,
please call/ whatsapp us at 012-6946746
or visit our website www.malaysiahousingloan.net